The Taste Canada Awards recognizes Canada’s culinary writers and food culture, and this year, the awards celebrate 20 years.
Taste Canada Awards / Les Laureats de Saveurs du Canada awards in categories in English and French, as well as recognizing food blogs. The shortlist covered an array of topics, including Canada’s culinary history, culinary narratives, regional and local food stories, seasonal food and single ingredients, food trends at home and abroad, healthy food and nutrition, and everyday recipes for families.
Read Local BC is thrilled to offer our congratulations to all the shortlisted authors and publishers. Take a look below at the 15 shortlisted BC books.
- Brewing Revolution: Pioneering the Craft Beer Movement by Frank Appleton (Harbour Publishing)
- Food Artisans of the Okanagan by Jennifer Cockrall-King (TouchWood Editions)
- 150 Years of Canadian Beer Labels by Lawrence C. Sherk (TouchWood Editions)
- CinCin: Wood-Fired Cucina by Andrew Richardson (Figure 1)
- Earls The Cookbook: Eat a Little, Eat a Lot. 110 of Your Favourite Recipes by Jim Sutherland (Appetite by Random House)
- Araxi: Roots to Shoots, Farm-Fresh Recipes by James Walt (Figure 1)
- Hot Thai Kitchen: Demystifying Thai Cuisine with Authentic Recipes to Make at Home by Pailin Chongchitnant (Appetite by Random House)
- Ottawa Cooks: Signature dishes from the finest chefs of Canada’s Capital Region by Anne Desbrisay (Figure 1)
- British Columbia from Scratch: Recipes for Every Season by Denise Marchessault and Caroline West (Whitecap Books)
- The Butcher, The Baker, The Wine and Cheese Maker in the Okanagan by Jennifer Schell (TouchWood Editions)
- Diva Q’s Barbecue: 195 Recipes for Cooking with Family, Friends & Fire by Danielle Bennett (Appetite by Random House)
- Batch: Over 200 Recipes, Tips and Techniques for a Well Preserved Kitchen by Joel MacCharles and Dana Harrison (Appetite by Random House)
- Bake with Anna Olson: More than 125 Simple, Scrumptious and Sensational Recipes to Make You a Better Baker by Anna Olson (Appetite by Random House)
- The Baker in Me by Daphna Rabinovitch (Whitecap Books)
Health and Special Diet Cookbooks
- Nourish: Whole Food Recipes by Nettie Cronish and Cara Rosenbloom (Whitecap Books)